- When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought?
- "Damn." I was shocked that my melanin is being sucked away rapidly. I looked like Casper the (Friendly) Ghost.
- When is the next time you will have sex?
- I have no idea, at one point I was thirsting for the D...but I'm going to find my chill, and wait til' someone genuinely wants to kick it like taebo with me
- What's a word that rhymes with "DOOR"?
- Favorite planet?
- Mars, because we now know that water existed on the surface at one point in time. It has valleys, mountains...I find it really fascinating, makes me wonder what the hell happened to kill an entire planet and everything on it.
- Who is the 4th person on your missed call list on your mobile?
- This girl I know that lives in San Francisco. I don't want to talk to her anymore, so I will let that sit there.
- What is your favorite ring on your phone?
- My last ringtone was "Likkle Harder" by Alkaline. The song goes off in the best way. I love dancehall, I typically use riddims for my celly.
- What shirt are you wearing?
- A cami with a sports bra built in. WIN/WIN
- Do you "label" yourself?
- I'm a left wing-hippie-lowkey freak-straight leaning-intellectual-individual
- Name the brand of shoes you're currently wearing?
- N/A; but this time tomorrow I'll be wearing my "Caden" style Doc Martens...they're coming in the mail, finally!
- Bright or Dark Room?
- If you're alone in a room with two beds, which one do you sleep on?
- The one with the softest blankets.
- What were you doing at midnight last night?
- What did your last text message you received on your mobile say?
- "Toussaint Louverture"
- Where is your letter box?
- Outside the house.
- What's a word that you say a lot?
- "Bootyass." I even have my mother saying it now. Anything horrid, a hot mess, trifling or disgusting is labelled as, "bootyass."
- Who told you he/she loved you last?
- My Aunt Julia. She makes my heart warm.
- Last furry thing you touched?
- My hair. lol
- How many drugs have you done in the last three days?
- 6000 mg of Levetiracetam and 450 mg of Lamotrigine; I'm relaxed.
- How many rolls of film do you need to get developed?
- I don't shoot in film. My sister and I have 2 rolls of blank film though. We just don't want to spend 60 bucks for batteries right now. Eventually we'll sell that Nikon to a local shop.
- Favorite age you have been so far?
- I'm happy to make it another year.
- Your worst enemy?
- Megan, tbh.
- What is your current desk top picture?
- An elephant in HD, I can see all the wrinkles, all the bits.
- What was the last thing you said to someone?
- Goodnight, love you.
- If you had to choose between a million bucks or to be able to fly, which would you take?
- Why can't I have both?
- Do you like someone?
- Does anyone like me? That's the million dollar question. I'm tying up my sleeves, y'all gets no love.
- The last song you listened to?
- "Drowning Butterflies" by Bipolar Sunshine; I like the lovely melody and the sense of sickly-sweet confusion that comes with catching feelings.
- If the last person you spoke to was getting shot at, would you jump in front of the bullet?
- I'd take a bullet for her, most definitely.
- If you could punch 1 person in the face who's in your life right now, who would it be?
- That's bad energy.
- What is the closest object to your left foot?
- Open space, nothing but open space.
Straight Outta Congo! Chinatown, NYC.
dreamyfairytale dat u and me.
soul sisters & brothers
SHAKE IT TO THE GROUND
My dads physiological, neurological conditions and medication affect his reasoning and appetite. Lately he’s gone through periods of not eating or drinking adequately because he doesn’t feel hungry, thirsty or finds it intolerable to ingest. I spent Sunday with him at the doctors because his blood sugar plummeted to the point he was slurring and sweating profusely.
I’m consistently checking to see if he’s eaten, questioning whether he has taken his medication properly. Sometimes he lies. It’s worrying and tiresome. I feel like we’ve rapidly switched roles. I’m parenting my parent.
within my small frame
I am mighty and strong
yet the powers you hold
kneel me at your feet
Andy Goldsworthy - Lay Down as it Started Raining or Snowing Waited Until the Ground Became Wet or Covered Before Getting Up Tewet Tarn, Cumbria, March 1988; Started to rain laid down waited left a dry shadow Haarlemmerhout Holland, August 1984.